The Friends of St Wulfram's

Founded in 1952, the Friends’ objective is the preservation and beautification of our splendid building and its contents.  Membership is open to all who share a love of the building.

The Friends are a registered charity with the members deciding all major expenditure at the AGM in October each year.

The lively programme usually comprises lectures, fund-raising and social events, visits to churches and a monthly lunch club.

For over 20 years we have produced a St. Wulfram’s Christmas Card each year.

Some of our achievements over recent years include:

Cleaning and restoration (2017 survey of monuments £1344, 2012 Sanctuary lamp £1632, 2009 Clock £3105,  2007 Royal Arms £1050, Trigge library and crypt re-glazing £3081, 2003 Chancel screen and choir stalls £3104, 1994 hatchments £4055, 1989 Reredos and crucifixion panel £2207, font cover £760, 1985 Clarke memorial £810)
 Crypt (2004/5 gates and rail £2190)
North porch visitor centre (2009 £8058, 2007 £567, 2006 £1594, 2005 £3032, 2004 Reglazing £2185)
Creation of website about the building and its history as well as about The Friends – www.discoverstwulframs.org.uk
Conservation and restoration of textiles (2015 £2871, 2007 £434, 2006 £1970, 2004 £1395, 1996 £1032,          1992 £1275)
Frontal cupboard (2016 £8274)
Lighting (2016 cupboard for switchgear £1356, 2011 Nave and chancel £51,236, 2008 Lady chapel and tower vault £3849, 1991 donation to concert lighting £2000, 1981 donation to re-wiring £3000)
Alarm system (1998 donation £4,000)
Coffee shop chairs and tables (2008 1800)
Shop display unit (2011 £3003)
Membership information is available from the Secretary - Mrs Val York, tel. 01476 573613

For more information about St. Wulfram’s building, history and contents and The Friends, please click on the link below.

WWW.DISCOVERSTWULFRAMS.ORG.UK