This is a great treasure of the church, established in 1598 when Reverend Francis Trigge, Rector of Welbourn, gave £100 for the purchase of books to set up the library. There are 356 separate items including a book printed in Venice in 1472, that is four years before Caxton introduced printing into England. Over 80 volumes are still attached by chain to the shelves, preventing their loan or theft.
The Trigge Library is open April to the end of September and staffed by volunteers. Please contact the Parish Office for further information. 01476 561342 or email@example.com.